Making the merge in any Survivor season is an accomplishment, but reaching the merge three different times is a special feat. Tyson, Sarah and Jeremy are now part of that elite club.
When you bring together a full cast of winners that includes several legends of the game, you better keep the Survivor record books open. Having a strong season is one thing, but when a castaway can succeed in multiple outings, it proves that they know how to adapt and are among the best to play the game.
Prior to Winners at War, seven players held the distinction of making the merge in the three separate seasons. Out of the twenty returnees for this season, six of them had the opportunity to join the club in season 40. Boston Rob, Amber, and Sandra couldn’t make the merge, losing their shot. However, Jeremy and Sarah, who both have been playing solid games so far, are now among this special group!
Although Tyson was voted out fairly early in the season, he was able to win his way back into the game, joining the eleven castaways at the merge. Returning from the Edge of Extinction is an unorthodox way of making the merge three times, but that fits perfectly with Tyson’s personality! Here is a full list of each player who achieved this milestone:
- Ozzy Lusth (Cook Islands, Micronesia, South Pacific, Game Changers)
- Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs. Villains)
- Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Micronesia, Heroes vs. Villains)
- Amanda Kimmel (China, Micronesia, Heroes vs. Villains)
- Andrea Boehlke (Redemption Island, Caramoan, Game Changers)
- Cirie Fields (Panama, Micronesia, Game Changers)
- Joe Anglim (Worlds Apart, Cambodia, Edge of Extinction)
- Sarah Lacina (Cagayan, Game Changers and Winners at War)
- Jeremy Collins (San Juan del Sur, Cambodia, Winners at War)
- Tyson Apostol (Tocantins, Blood vs. Water, Winners at War)
Ozzy is the one and only castaway to make the merge in four separate seasons. If Parvati happens to win her way back, she might have an asterisk beside her name, but she would join her fellow Cook Islands and Micronesia alumni in reaching the merge four times. Boston Rob also has a decent shot of getting his name on this list if he can win the return challenge. I’m sure there will be more historic moments on the way, but it’s pretty cool to witness these three talented players build on their Survivor legacy.