BrantSteele randomness meets the clinically online, as the Survivor Sequester Mini cast reveal brings 20 players both new and dating back to Marquesas.
Much like Big Brother, there is a certain amount of time that CBS has the exclusive rights to portray Survivor players in a televised event or competition run by someone outside their control. Players can’t even write books specifically in the recollection of their time on the show, meaning players like Jay Starrett appearing on The Challenge happened after a grace period.
That means that when we got confirmation from Sequester digital host and showrunner Audrey Middleton that there would be a Survivor Sequester Mini on Saturday, May 23 at 8 p.m. ET, I was hopeful, yet skeptical, that players from Winners at War would have another shot at becoming a 2020 champion of a reality competition program.
That doesn’t seem to be the case, but it doesn’t mean the official Survivor Sequester Mini cast is lacking whatsoever. In fact, the cast revealed earlier today includes some fan favorites, villains, new-schoolers and old-schoolers alike, with players from as recent as Island of the Idols all the way back to Survivor Marquesas.
Here is the written list of the Survivor Sequester Mini cast, including which season(s) they played, in the listed order.
- John Carroll (Marquesas)
- J’Tia Hart (Cagayan)
- Wardog “The Wardog” Wardog (Edge of Extinction)
- Lyrsa Torres (David vs. Goliath)
- Erik Reichenbach (Micronesia, Caramoan – both Fans vs. Favorites)
- Peih-Gee Law (China, Cambodia)
- Jamal Shipman (Island of the Idols)
- Kelley Wentworth (San Juan del Sur, Cambodia, Island of the Idols)
- Dean Kowalski (Island of the Idols)
- Abi-Maria Gomes (Philippines, Cambodia)
- Jonny Fairplay (Pearl Islands, Micronesia)
- Karishma Patel (Island of the Idols)
- Rick Devens (Edge of Extinction)
- Kellyn Bechtold (Ghost Island)
- Brice Izyah (Cagayan)
- Lauren Beck (Island of the Idols)
- Nick Maiorano (Kaoh Rong)
- Chelsea Walker (Island of the Idols)
- Sunday Burquest (Millennials vs. Gen X)
- Carolyn Rivera (Worlds Apart)
It’s hard for me to not breakdown potential alliance groups, relationships, and group dynamics within the Survivor Sequester Mini cast, especially considering that many players who compete on the show run in the same or similar social groups both online and in charity events.
One cannot help notice the number of players from the most recent and middle era seasons, especially from Island of the Idols, Edge of Extinction and other seasons from Fiji. That should present a tough challenge for players who might be a bit more removed, especially those who haven’t played the game for close to 18 years now.
We’ll be providing live tweets coverage and a recap of the event as it takes place on May 23 at 8 p.m. ET.